Online Roulette Canada
Roulette is, without a doubt, one of the most iconic table games in the world, both in conventional bricks and mortar and virtual online casinos. There is an abundance of online roulette Canada casinos for Canadian gamblers to enjoy.
Players will have the possibility to bet on colors, odd numbers, or low/high digits. In fact, playing online Roulette is the same as playing it in a traditional casino, but more affordable. Some casinos allow you to place a small deposit to play on their popular wheel.
In our review, you will find out how to play roulette online in Canadian casinos. We create a list of the best roulette casinos with bonuses and safe banking options.
Best Online Roulette Casino
RULES YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN YOU PLAY ROULETTE ONLINE
The basics of playing roulette online are simple:
- Select the chip size and quantity, and position on the betting grid, indicating the best you want to make.
- Spin the wheel.
- Wait for the ball to land and remain in a pocket.
- Celebrate or commiserate.
Playing this game is very simple and fun. Here are some basic rules you should know about:
- Numbers on a Roulette wheel go from 1-36, and include 0 as well as, in the American variant and some other variants, other options like 00. Players can bet on these numbers i.e. bet straight.
- Players can choose between red and black, or different pairings of numbers.
- When all bets are placed, a ball spins into the reel and drops into one slot i.e. one number only.
- Based on how much you’ve deposited and what kind of bet you have made, you win an amount if the ball hits your number/ color/ group.
The Different Bet Protocols
There are three basic types of bets.
How to Make Inside Bets
- How to make a straight bet – This is a wager on an individual number. The chip is placed in the centre of the number’s square.
- How to make a split bet – This wager is on two connecting numbers. The chip is put in the middle of the horizontal or vertical dividing line between the two.
- How to make a street bet – This is a bet on three consecutive numbers in a line. The chip is placed on the line to the end number (to the right or left).
- How to make a square bet – A bet on 4 numbers in a square. Place the chip on the intersection in the middle of the numbers’ square.
- How to make a double- or six-line wager – A bet on 6 numbers – a stack of 2 adjoining numbers, plus the two immediately below on the next row down, and immediately below again.
How to Make Outside Bets
Outside bets are placed outside the main grid.
- Even money wagers on a red or black number, an odd or even number, a number between 1 to 18 or 19 to 16.
- Dozens wagers, where you bet on a number in the first row of 12, the second row of 12 or the third.
- Column wagers, as above but on vertical columns rather than horizontal rows.
How to Make Call Bets
On all French online roulette games and some European ones, there are 4 fixed call bets and 2 variable.
The 3 fixed call wagers are called, Voisons du Zero, Jeu Zero, Tiers du Cylindre, and Orphelins. Each bet covers a specific area of adjacent numbers of the online roulette wheel.
The 2 variable call wagersare “Neighbours” and “Final.”
With all of these types of bets, a mini “racetrack” number gird is displayed on the table to make it easier to place your chips.
How the Different Bet Types Stack Up
The most common online roulette wagers are even money bets, where you win the same amount of money as you wagered plus getting your stake back. Typical even money wagers are on red/black. Odd or even, or high or low. They have a little below a 50% chance of winning.
The next most popular types of wager are straight-up number bets. You bet on a single number, and if it turns up, you get 35x your wager. The house edge of this type of bet is greater than on even money bets.
“Third” betting is riskier than straight-up betting and pays odds of 2:1. Basically, you are betting on a number in a specific third of the wheel.
Not all wagers are always available when you play online roulette. It depends on the game variant.
You can play online roulette in one of three variants, European, American, or French.
- Characteristics of European Roulette – This variant, like its French cousin, has one zero and 36 numbers. The single zero, gives it a house edge of 2.7%.
- Characteristics of American Roulette – Unlike the European and French variants, American roulette has two zeroes, increasing the house edge to 5.26%.
- Characteristics of French Roulette – The house edge is considerably less at only 1.35% because of its special bet options “en prison and la partage.”
- Characteristics of Live Roulette Online Casinos – All three variants can be played at online live dealer sites. But whereas with non-live online roulette, you spin the wheel by clicking the spin or play button, with live online games, the live croupier spins the wheel after announcing, “no more bets.”
Developers to Look for When Playing Online Roulette
Many software developers create Roulette games because this is a highly popular game played at online sites. However, for best experience, amazing graphics and design, you should choose games from providers like Microgaming, Playtech, BetSoft, NetEnt, RTG, IGT, and Aristocrat.
The Different Table Layouts
There are 3 main variants of roulette – European, American, and French. While the online roulette wheel has only 2 different configurations, one for American and one for European – (the European and French wheels are exactly the same) – the layout of the tables are similar but carry different bet options according to the game type.
The way the number grid is laid out (numbers 1 to 36) is the same for all three game variants. However, with European and French online roulette, there is a single zero only, while with the American variant, there are two zeroes.
The biggest difference in table layout is with the French option. Usually, the tables are red instead of green, some bets are unique to this variant, and all bet names are in French.
The table of the roulette is your choosing table. You’ll find boxes there that contain the numbers. The boxes are black or red, while the zero is green. Some variants of the Roulette game have a green double zero, too. The table has some other options you can choose from too. You can choose between odds and even numbers, the big and small category, the red and black colour, or the number categories. These things are in the area that’s called the ‘outside’ of the roulette table, while the plain numbers are on the ‘inside’.
Gameplay of Real Money Online Roulette
Once you learn your way around the Roulette table, you already know the gameplay. You use different chips to make the bets of your choice. These can depend on the wagering requirements and deposit options of the casino. When you’re done placing your bet within the timeframe the casino gives you, the small metal ball is dropped onto the Roulette wheel. If it hits the number you chose, you win money based on how much you’ve bet.
You’ll have a couple of extra seconds to place bets before the betting is finished, even if the ball is dropped. When you hear a sound that says the betting is finished or the dealer makes a sign, you have to finish placing your bets. If you won your bet, your winning will remain on the table. The dealer will collect the rest of the bets or they’ll automatically be erased.
Strategies in Roulette Game
This is one of the oldest casino games and because of it, there are many strategies that have been used over the years. Top three choices are:
- Martingale strategy – when you lose a hand, double your bet.
- D’Alembert strategy – increase your chances by one instead of two i.e. increase a bet by one when you lose and multiply it by one when you win.
- James Bond strategy – on each round, play by multiples of $200 and remember three bets only. First, place $140 on numbers from 19 to 36. Secondly, place $50 on numbers from 13 to 18. Lastly, place $10 on zero.
HOW TO FIND GOOD ONLINE CASINO TO PLAY ONLINE ROULETTE
- Check online feedback to find the best online roulette casino
Compare accepted payment systems at casinos of your choice – Always check this before you give them your payment details and make a deposit. This will reduce the time spent waiting for the money when you win.
Compare minimum deposits at casinos of your choice – As we said, you should try to minimize your expenses as much as possible. Online casinos allow you to do this because some of them will offer you deposits of as little as $1, $5, and $10.
Top Roulette Games from Different Brands
Casino software providers are specialized in the production of different roulette variations. Some of them are presented below:
- Superior Roulette from Authentic Gaming: It is streamed from Saint Vincent in Italy. The game is based on the French roulette and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority. Players can place bets on a typical European version, with the French terms such as Passe, Impair, Pair and Manque.
- Immersive roulette by Evolution Gaming: It features a European wheel, so you will find 37 pockets with a single zero. This game is available in HD version, and players are able to increase or decrease the quality. The game also includes a real-time chat, audio settings, Save Favorite Bets function and more.
- Multi Table Roulette from Extreme Live Gaming: Multi Wheel Roulette is a live dealer game coming from Extreme Live software. It includes three roulette wheels and playing layouts. It comes with a high winning potential and follows the European gaming version.
- Multiplayer and Premier Roulette Diamond from Microgaming: It follows the rules of European roulette, with numbers from 1 to 36 which colored in red and black. The game also features a single green 0. The house edge is 2.70% and it is really profitable. Multi-Player Roulette Diamond Edition adds a 3D zoom of the wheel.
- Live Prestige Roulette from Playtech: It follows the rules of the European roulette with 37 divisions and a single zero. Live Prestige Roulette is a sophisticated table option. It is also a modern variant of the classic game, with betting limits from 2 to 1,000.
Other Online Casino Games
Money Management Tips While Playing Online Roulette
Playing at a casino, even online, comes with its own set of disadvantages. But, this happens only if you allow it to happen. To make the experience pleasurable and avoid big losses, you need to learn how to manage your money.
While you can’t control the ball and the wheel, you can control your own money. Here are some tips that we know can help you when you gamble at a live casino, or online.
- Firstly, determine how much you’re willing to spend. Put the rest of the money aside. Don’t let yourself be carried away and spend the money you need for living expenses and necessities. Since online casinos are more affordable, you might want to use low deposit casinos if your budget is low.
- Second, determine how much you want to win. Pick the desired number. If you’re lucky enough to win it and realistic enough when you set this number, you should stop once you get there.
The Story of Roulette
Roulette is a game of mysterious origin. One widely accepted version regarding its beginnings is that this game was created by Blaise Pascal, a French mathematician in the 17th century. However, many have found evidence of ancient civilizations that played similar games, which is probably where the inspiration for this game came from.
Based on the name, this is a game of French origin. It combines ideas from two gambling games that Pascal played called ‘Even-Odd’ and ‘Roly-Poly’. Even after all these years, rules of this game are quite similar to those in the past. This game is the widest known casino game worldwide, so it’s safe to say that it has taken our world by storm.
The most popular variants of roulette are the American, European, as well as Mini, Multi Wheel, and Live Roulette. Some other popular options are Triple Bonus Spin, Marvel Roulette, etc.
Roulette has a hefty house edge, probably one of the biggest of all games played at casinos. Odds can vary between sites, software developers, as well as variants of this game you will play. House edge for European is at around 2.7%, while for American is at around 5.26%. Average RTP for European is around 97.3% while for American is around 94.74%.
There’s no right or wrong move in Roulette. Based on odds, the best bets are general ones like choosing even or odd, black or red, or other outside bets like 1-18 or 19-36. These are perfect if you want to play safe and with a smaller budget. If you want to win big, inside odds offer higher wins and bigger thrills.
Yes. Many casinos will have demo versions for roulette that will allow you to learn their rules and basically learn the ropes of this game. You can also use casino bonuses like match or no deposit bonuses to gamble for free on this particular game.
Like any other casino game, roulette can bring real money opportunities. Just place bets on a regular basis and you will hit winning combinations.
It depends on the operator you choose. Some of them will require software download while others will be available in instant play mode. It applies both to desktop and mobile devices.
If you gamble at a licensed and regulated online casino, Roulette will not be rigged. Right now, you can even choose to gamble live and see the play in real-time on camera. As long as you choose a safe and endorsed site from trusted companies like eCogra, you shouldn’t worry about any game being rigged.
No, there is one key difference between the two types. The American version has a 00 pocket which is not the case with the European version. At the same time, the house edge is higher on the American variation.
Roulette is also available on mobile phones and you should choose the casino operators which accept both iOS and Android users. Some casinos will also introduce a dedicated app for mobile users.
Online casino providers strive to ensure fair and random results of the games. They include RNG (random number generator) in the games which control all outcomes. RNG works like a computer algorithm and provides fair results.
Yes, the game is completely legit and fair. Just choose providers which ensure the random results of the game and apply the RNG strategy.
Yes, the game is available in the live casino version. It means that you can interact with the dealer in real time and enjoy live streaming from professional studios. Live roulette version will provide gamblers with a real casino feeling.