Blackjack Online Canada
Blackjack is a widely popular game among casino players. It dates back to 1700 when it was invented in France. The game is also known as 21 and its rules are simple. Players compete against the live dealer and should reach as close to 21, without crossing the number. At the same time, a player should have a better outcome than the dealer to be successful.
Today, you can even play Blackjack in mobile casino online, which is actually a much more affordable option than playing in a physical or live casino. Find out more about how to enjoy blackjack online and rich success using tips from professional players. As well, we offer you a great collection of safe and reliable online Blackjack casinos available in Canada.
Blackjack Casinos Canada
Rules You Must Know Of To Play Blackjack Online In Canada
As a BlackJack player, your task is to beat the dealer. Unlike Baccarat where you can bet on player or dealer, here you must be the winner to actually win at an online BlackJack game.
When you play Blackjack online at a real money casino, you need to start with a bet. You determine your bet based on the wagering requirements of the casino and wait for the dealer to give the cards to the player. The dealer will distribute two cards to you, all other players, and himself. Only one of the dealer’s cards will face up.
Your task is to get to a score that’s close to 21, but not exceed this number. To do this, you must calculate the score of the cards. This is where you have to pick your strategy – to hit, split, stand, or double.
Different variants of the game can tweak rules a bit, but generally speaking, it has these rules:
The goal of the player is to beat a dealer’s hand and not go over 21.
- Whoever is closer to 21 but not above it wins.
- Players start with two cards. One card is hidden until the end of the game.
- All face cards are worth 10. Aces can be worth 1 or 11 depending on the hand.
- To get another hand, you need to ‘hit’. To hold your hands and skip your turn, you need to ‘stand).
- When you go over 21, you need to ‘bust’. This is when dealers win regardless of their hand.
- If you get 21 right away, you have a blackjack.
- You can double your bet and get one more card.
- You can split your hand in two hands if you have two of one card. This will also double your bet.
Variations of Online Blackjack
Blackjack comes in many variants these days. Even though you’d be playing the same type of game, the rules can differ, which has an impact on the gameplay, as well as the house edge.
If you’ve decided for blackjack play online, you should know at least the most popular variants to gamble more effectively. Let’s take a look at a few.
|Blackjack variation||House edge||How it’s played|
|Single Deck||0.26%||The dealer stands on soft 17. Played with only one deck.|
|Vegas Strip||0.36%||Played with 4 decks. The dealer stands on soft 17. You can split 10, Q, J, and K up to 3 times.|
|Atlantic City||0.36%||You can split 10, Q, J, and K up to 3 times and double down on any 2 cards. The dealer stands on soft 17. Aces can only be split once.|
|European||0.39%||Played with 2 decks of cards. The dealer stands on soft 17. Players can double down with cards 9, 10, and 11.|
Types Of Blackjack Online Canada
Blackjack is available in different forms and you can find anything from:
- Progressive Blackjack: with an opportunity to win progressive jackpot by placing a $1 bet.
- European Blackjack: played with two card decks, where the player receives two face up cards and the dealer one face up and one face down card.
- Atlantic City: played with 8 decks, with the possibility for later insurance or surrender.
- Spanish 21: played with 6 or 8 card decks and the game starts only with 48 cards.
- Blackjack Switch: another version of the game where the player can switch between cards.
- Vegas Strip: played with 4 decks and favorite option for American players.
- Pontoon: with similar rules to the Spanish version and removed 10s.
Differences Between American and European Blackjack
If you want to know the differences between American and European blackjack, make sure to check the following table:
|American Blackjack||European Blackjack|
|4-8 decks in the shoe||Two decks in a shoe|
|More aggressive version||Conservative variation of the game|
|Double Down allowed||Double Down restricted on 9, 10 and 11 in total|
|Dealer receives face down card instantly||Dealer receives face down card after the end of the player’s hand|
|Splitting is allowed only once||Splitting is allowed up to 3x|
|Surrender option is available||Surrender is not available|
Developers to Look for When You Play Blackjack Games Online
Your experience, the game quality and design, and even odds can vary depending on which developer has created the Blackjack game. As is with other games, you should look for renowned software developers to find great variants of this game. The highest rated choices are Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, BetSoft, etc.
Rules You Must Know Of to Play Blackjack Online
As a BlackJack player, your task is to beat the dealer. Unlike Baccarat where you can bet on the player or the dealer, here you must be the winner to actually win at an online BlackJack game.
Gameplay of Blackjack
The game starts with the person sitting on the left of the banker. He’s the first one to see his cards and decide whether he wants to stand and not get a card or hit and get a new card. He also another option – to forfeit the game with the option ‘bust’, which is your only option when your cards already exceed the number 21.
Glossary of Blackjack Terms
If you haven’t played Blackjack before, you better learn the glossary terms before you start gambling online. This will make things much easier.
- Barring a player – Barring a player happens when the casino prevents a player from joining the game.
- An anchorman – An anchorman is the person who seats on the right of the dealer. He’s the last one to play.
- First baseman – The person seated left of the dealer is the first baseman. He’s the first one to play.
- Natural or Blackjack – Natural or Blackjack is a winning hand that contains an Ace and a 10 value card. If you have this, you win automatically.
- Bust – When a bust happens, you have over 21 points in your hand. This is where you lose automatically.
- Card counter – A person who knows to keep track of the cards is called a card counter.
- Double down – If you want to double the bet before the dealing of the last hand, you can double down.
- Draw a card – When you want an extra card in addition to the ones you have, you need to draw a card.
- Early surrender – You can surrender half your bet when the dealer checks for Blackjack. You do this by performing an Early Surrender.
- Flat bet – When you make a flat bet, you’re making the same bet with every hand.
- Hard total – When you have no ace or an ace counts as one, you have a hard total.
- Hit – When you choose to draw an extra card, you hit.
- Hole card – The card that isn’t shown by the dealer is called the hole card.
- Push – When a tie occurs, it’s called a push.
What Strategies Can You Use When Playing Blackjack?
If you are ready to join blackjack, then you should consider the following strategies:
- Money Management: This game requires that you know when to bet and how much money to place on certain bets.
- A Conservative Blackjack Strategy: Avoid high-stakes if you are not ready to spend sufficient money. Consider increasing the stakes only when you earn some money and compensate losses.
- Martingale Strategy: It is an expensive strategy which will help you in winning often, but only if you have enough money to invest. According to this system, you need to double your wager each time you lose.
- 1-3-2-6 Blackjack Betting System: These numbers show the way you need to bet after you have won a hand. The first winning is the element that kicks off the sequence while the first losing hand ends everything.
Blackjack Cheat Sheet: Value of The Cards
The game of blackjack is also specific for card values:
- 2-9 have the same face value
- 10s, Kings, Jacks, and Queens equal 10
- Ace is worth 1 or 10
HOW TO FIND GOOD ONLINE CASINO TO BLACKJACK ONLINE
If you’re ready to play some BlackJack, you should do so at the top online casinos in the area. Here is how you can find them.
- Check online feedback for casinos of your choice at forums, comments on the reviews etc.
- Compare accepted payment systems at casinos of your choice.
- Compare minimum deposits at casinos of your choice – When you play online, you don’t have to spend a lot on deposits. There are casinos that go to $1, $5, and $10 for a deposit.
Other Online Casino Games
Blackjack Game Origins and Story
The beginnings of Blackjack are still uncertain. Most people believe that this game originated in around 1700 in French casinos. At the time, this game’s cards were called Vingt-et-Un which translates in 21. Some believe that Blackjack was invented by the Romans who played it with wooden blocks.
What was known as 21 game is now called Blackjack and today’s rules are following the gambling legalization and can be different based on which casino you choose. Even though rules have changed and new variants of it appear all the time, this remains a very popular casino game, now available at online casinos, too.
This is a very popular casino game, which means that you’ll find over a hundred variations online these days. Some of the most popular versions are Double Exposure, Spanish 21, Atlantic City, European, Vegas Strip, Progressive, Multi-hand Blackjack, and more. You can also choose between traditional and live blackjack when you gamble at online casinos.
Let’s say that a casino has standard game rules and odds. In such case, you can expect an RTP of around 99.5% for online blackjack games, which equals around 0.4% house edge. One of the reasons why Blackjack is a preferred casino game is its small house edge, which makes it very appealing to players.
Some popular software products for this game are: Casino Verite Blackjack Counting by QFIT that allows you to practice this game, Blackjack Gold that features a blackjack game that simulates any casino and uses genuine dealers’’ voices, as well as the SBA that provides novice and experienced players with useful data about this game.
Yes. Many casinos have a demo version that you can practice on. You will also find some sites that will give you bonus cash to spend upon signing up that you can use to play Blackjack.
There are many abbreviations you’ll come across when you play it. Some of the frequently found online include: 1:1 (when naturals pay even instead of 3-to-2), DAS (double after splits allowed), DC17 (dealer decides on whether to stand or hit on S-17), DX (Double Exposure), D2 (double on any first two cards), ES (Early surrender), H-17 (dealer hits on the soft 17 rule), HSA (hit after you split aces), J (when jokers are in the pack), KB (side bet called King’s Bounty is available), etc.
As long as you gamble at licensed and legit casinos, games won’t be rigged in any way. Licensed sites that are regulated and endorsed by companies like eCogra are your safest choice when gambling. This way you can be certain that you’re trying your luck and games are not rigged.
The objective of the game is to reach the closest to 21 without crossing the value. At the same time, player’s hands should be better than the dealer’s.
It depends on the risk you are willing to take. If you are a beginner, it would be better to surrender early and keep the half of the wager.
It depends on the course of the game. If the dealer stands on a soft 17, he will bust 29.1% of the time. When the dealer hits on the same number, he will bust 29.6% of the time. The odds of a net win equal 42.42%. However, if we exclude ties, the probability is 46.36%.
Just focus on your cards and follow the dealer’s face up card. Be patient and winnings will arrive.
Yes, the game is completely legal and you can find it across Canadian and worldwide casinos.