Online Baccarat Canada
Online baccarat is one of the best games for beginner gamblers, who want to try table games with low stakes. The usual RTP for this game is 98.94% with the Banker bet.
Baccarat is available in most Canadian online casinos. We tried the game on some of the most popular sites. We’ll recommend the best online baccarat casinos in Canada!
Baccarat Online Casinos In Canada
Tips: Learn to Play Online Baccarat
In baccarat, there are 3 potential outcomes:
- The Banker has a winning hand
- The Player has a winning hand
- A tie (this is a very rare outcome, and although it pays really well, we don’t recommend betting on it)
You’ll need to place your bet on the hand you hope to win (the Banker or the Player). You must place your bet before the cards are dealt. If you’re late, you’ll have to wait out and bet on the next hand.
The Banker and Player get 2 cards each. No more cards are dealt if the sum of either hand is 8 or 9 (this is called a natural win). If one of the hands sums from 0 to 5, both sides get a third card.
Important Baccarat Rules to Remember
These additional rules will help you understand how to casino baccarat online:
- The game requires an 8- or 6-deck shoe
- The Banker bet has odds of 44.62%, a house edge of 1.06%, and payout of 1:1
- The Player bet has odds of 45.86%, a house edge of 1.36%, and payout of 1:1
- The Tie bet has odds of 9.52%, a house edge of 14.4%, and payout of 8:1 or 9:1
The simplest strategy for beginners is to always bet on the Banker. That’s how you get the best odds of staying profitable after a few hands.
The Card Values in Online Baccarat
When you see the cards the dealer hands out, you need to set your own strategy and determine your next step. If you have an outcome that’s lower than five, you probably want to keep drawing cards to get closer to nine. The players that are closer to nine and have, for example, a seven, choose to stand instead of getting more cards. You can even be really lucky and get a natural win – an immediate hand that adds up to nine.
Once you learn how the card values are calculated in baccarat online, it will be easy for you to understand the hand’s outcome.
This is how much different cards are worth:
- The King, Queen, Jack, and 10 are worth zero
- The Ace is worth 1
- All numbered cards from 2 through 9 are calculated with their face value
We calculate the hand’s worth by adding all card values together. The hand whose collective value is closest to 9 wins. If the total value exceeds 9, then 10 is subtracted. If, for example, we get a total value of 15, it means that the hand has a value of 5.
Types Of Baccarat Casino Game
When you play Baccarat in the best online Baccarat casinos, you’ll probably get the chance to play the mini Baccarat version. The rules of the game are the same and so are your odds at winning, with the difference that this variation includes half the number of players of the live casino variation. So, you’d be playing at a table of seven players, once again testing your luck and trying out strategies that get you closer to the number nine.
The game of baccarat appears in various forms. However, you will usually find:
Mini baccarat includes only seven players and the game is one of the favorite options in America. There is only one croupier and its bet rates are very low.
Chemin De Fer
Chemin de Fer is another variation of the game, played with six card decks. The cards are dealt by the player and they actively participate in the gameplay. Cards are shared face down and the title enjoys great popularity in France.
Punto Banco is a simple to play option with a low house advantage of 1,06%. Punto is another name for the player and Banco is the banker. According to the rules, the third card will be drawn if the total result of the first two cards is five or less.
European baccarat is similar to blackjack experience, with the inclusion of stand and draw option for both banker and dealer. It has pretty much the same house edge as an American variant up to 1,17%.
Lightning baccarat is another popular variation that delivers extra features and multipliers to five cards. This version also comes with an additional fee of 20%.
Baccarat Bets Information for Players for Canada
If you are ready to place the first bets in baccarat, check the available options:
- Banker Bet: the safest bet with the highest winning chances
- Player Bet: Banker has only 1,24% advantage over players
- Pair Bet: it offers a significant return on the wagers and pays out 5:1
- Big Bet: The side bet which pays 2:1 when the total number of cards is five or six
- Small Bet: When the total number of gaming cards is four, you can win a payout of 3:2
Top Developers of Online Baccarat
Baccarat is very popular among casino players, which means that there will be many providers’ variants and games available to play online. If you want amazing and rewarding experience, you should look for top-rated software developers’ products such as Microgaming, Playtech, Net Entertainment, Evolution Gaming, Betsoft, and Ezugi.
Rules You Should Know to Play Baccarat Online
If you choose to play Baccarat in real money casino online, there are some rules you should know of.
- The dealer deals out cards face up – he hands two cards to himself and two for each player.
- Whichever of these hands’ totals is closest to 9 wins.
- You may bet on a player’s hand, on a tie, or on banker.
- If you bet on banker and his hand wins, you’ll get 95% of your wager.
- If the player or banker is dealt a total of nine or eight, both will stand.
- If the player has a total of five or less, he or she will get another card or stand.
- When a player stands, the banker hits on a total of 5 or less.
- In case of a tie, this pays out 8-to-1.
Terminology for Baccarat Players
To play baccarat, you need to know some basic terminology:
- Baccarat hand is the worst hand you can get i.e. hands of cards that have zero value like Jacks, Queens, Kings, or 10s.
- Banker bet is when you bet on banker. The payout is 1:1 and this choice usually comes with a 5% commission deducted from your winning bet.
- Burning refers to top 3 to 6 cards that are discarded right after shuffling, before the game begins.
- Hit me or Carte is used to request a new card from a dealer.
- Down or hole card is a card that is turned face down.
- Dragon bonus is a side bet in baccarat that lets you wager on number of points that the winning hand will have over others. You can bet on this in addition to your bet on Player or Banker.
- Face cards are cards with portraits on them.
- La grande is a natural nine and the best baccarat hand.
- La petite is second best hand i.e. natural eight.
Natural is when the two cards you’re initially dealt total 8 or 9.
The Baccarat Table
The Baccarat table has seven or fourteen numbers depending on where you play it. Online casinos usually make this number smaller and have their numbers marked 1 through 7. Live casinos choose to skip the number 13 since it’s considered an unlucky number, so on these tables, you’ll see numbers from 1 through 15. Above the numbers that are located around the table’s edges, you’ll see three boxes. These are the things you can bet on: player, banker, or tie. You can choose whichever of these you like and place your chips or deposit.
Gameplay Of Online Baccarat
As we said, you have three choices when playing Baccarat online. You can bet so the player will win, the house will win, or the game will end up to be a tie between both. You can bet on any of these three, including the one that makes you the loser. Basically, you win if you lose. You can have a strategy here, but the game is still based on luck. The dealer gives each player a pair of cards turned face-up, including himself. The numbered cards cost their actual value and 10s. The face cards cost nothing. The Ace has a single point. The maximum you need to make is nine points. If you have a value above this, you need to subtract it by ten.
Money Management Tips while Playing Baccarat
There are several money management tips that we can give to new players of Baccarat or those who want to boost their winning chances:
Determine how much you can afford to spend
Keep your bankroll from the money you need for other things such as food, rent, and other living expenses. This way, you’ll have a limit and know how much you can afford to spend. Don’t forget that online casinos let you play at more affordable fees, so if your budget is low, you might want to choose this option.
Make your counting method
Reduce the house edge by starting at a table with fresh shoe of seven to eight decks. This is the best Baccarat card counting method.
Paroli betting system – When you win a bet, double your ante. When you lose a bet, return to your initial deposit.
1-3-2-6 betting system – Follow the numbers during your betting. Use one unit on the first hand, three on the second, two on the third, and six on the forth. It should reduce your chance of a loss.
Parlay betting system – Increase the bets as you’re moving along. But, add the winnings of a past bet to the next bet.
TOP BACCARAT STRATEGIES
If you are looking to make money with baccarat, make sure to apply the following strategies:
- Start playing the game for free and learn the basics
- Always choose the banker bet and benefit from the best odds
- Stay away from tie bet as it comes with a 14,36% house advantage
- Check more information about Martingale and D’Alembert Betting System
If you select the demo mode, you will have an opportunity to learn more about the game and prepare yourself for a real money version.
On the other hand, betting on the Banker is the safest strategy in the game. First of all, the theoretical house edge for betting on the Banker is 1.06 percent. At the same time, the return to player (RTP) is an incredible 98.94 percentage.
Players should also learn more about the Martingale System. Coming from the 18th century in France, the Martingale is a typical system of adjusting bets in games including baccarat. According to the strategy, it is assumed that the payout will reach as close to the RTP in the long-term. In other words, a particular hand should win at a certain point. It suggests that players should double down the next bet if they have lost the previous one. It means that you should continue with the same system until you win.
Play Baccarat Online For Free
How to Find Good Casino to Play Baccarat
Now all that’s left for you to do is find a good and legal casino to play in.
- Check feedback for online Baccarat in Canada – People who play Baccarat in online casinos can tell you how to play, where to play, and what casinos to avoid. Start there – see what other gamblers have to say about the gaming system of each casino you’re considering.
- Compare accepted payment systems at casinos of your choice – This is very important and you have to check it before you make your deposit. Casinos have different payment methods and may require different methods for different things like deposits and withdrawals.
- Compare minimum deposits at casinos of your choice – Finally, check your options to minimize the losses. Thankfully, some online casinos make this more than possible. Now you can find casinos that let you play Baccarat with as little as $1, $5, or $10 deposit.
There are three main variants of the baccarat game: Chemin de Fer, Punto Banco, and Punto Banque. Chances are you will find at least one of these in every online casino you choose to play at. In addition to these main varieties, you’ll come across different styles of this game, as well as different rules depending on which casino you choose. You can also choose between traditional play and live play.
Baccarat odds vary based on the casino you choose and the variant you play. The odds can range between as little as 1% and sometimes even higher than 20%. They will also depend on your move. For example, in an 8-deck game, a house edge can be 1.24% if you bet on a player, 14.36% if you bet on a tie, and 1.06% if you bet on banker.
The game Baccarat dates back over 500 years. For a long time, it was known as the ‘game of aristocrats’. Baccarat was created in the 1400s in Italy by Felix Falguiere and was known as ‘baccara’ (means ‘zero’ in Italian). Soon after this, the French ‘baccarat’ spelling was accepted on a worldwide level. Even though its rules have changed over the years, this remains one of the most popular casino games played even today.
Statistics show that the safest and best bet in baccarat is on banker because of the house edge. Still, because of this, casinos apply a commission to it of around 5%. A tie bet is players’ least popular choice, but it can also be most rewarding because of this. Eventually, it all comes down to your preference.
Many casino sites nowadays offer demo versions of games for new players to master rules or get familiar with a game. You might also find a casino site that will give you a bonus that you can use for free gambling on a baccarat table.
Some players are still counting cards in baccarat to get a certain advantage. With this practice, they want to keep track of cards (dealt from a shoe) and reduce the house edge.
Yes, of course. The game is available for real money and you can find it on the most reputable sites in the gambling market. Make sure to stick to the trusted providers with a high level of security and official license.