Play Blackjack For Real Money in Canada
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games played worldwide. The popularity of this card game is high because of how easy it is to master but also because of its good odds and the high level of entertainment it offers.
Today, online blackjack real money Canada casinos come in high numbers, and you can play different variations of the game from various software developers. In this review, you’ll learn about the game and our process for choosing the best blackjack online real money Canada casinos.
Real Money Blackjack Casinos
How We Check and Rate Real Money Blackjack Online Casinos
When we rate a casino highly, it means that it met all our expectations and treats players fairly. Let’s take a look at our criteria for ranking the best casinos where you can play blackjack online for real money.
Security and Safety of the Blackjack Online Real Money Casino
Security is paramount. For starters, you need to know that you’re gambling on a website that is safe, keeps your data secure, and is properly licensed. We look at the site’s licensing, make sure it uses SSL encryption, and confirm that it is safe to use.
Variety of Games Offered and Variants of Real Money Blackjack Online Games
Next we look at the variety of games at the casino. Ideally, the site should have something for everyone’s taste, including slots, card and table games, as well as live games. We’ll check what variants of Blackjack it offers and rate it based on this.
Options for Deposits and Payouts on Real Money Online Blackjack
To play for real money, you need to deposit real money. This is why we’ll also check the site’s banking options to ensure that they are safe to use, come without fees and that the casino offers fast withdrawals.
Bonuses at Online Blackjack Real Money Casinos
One of the best things about playing online is that you can use grand bonuses. We’ll tell you about the bonuses, the amount you’ll get, as well as find the most reasonable terms for you.
Some Useful Tips on Playing Blackjack for Real Money
While casino games are all based on luck, there are some things that can slightly influence the outcome of your gambling. Here are some useful tips:
- Understand what house edge means. House edge is the percentage of winnings that the house will get by a profit margin over time. The higher this percentage, the higher your chances of losing more money, but the winnings can be much higher. If it is low, that means that the player can expect more frequent, albeit lower wins. Knowing this, decide what you’re looking for and check the game’s house edge before you start playing.
- Counting cards. This is not favored by casinos, but it is a technique that many people use when they play online. If you have good arithmetic skills, you can keep track of all the cards you see in the game and decide whether you have an advantage – or the dealer has it.
- Keep track of your bankroll. This is especially important. In casinos, it is easy to get carried away and spend more than you can afford. Set your bankroll ahead and stick to it – do not chase losses or start games that require more than you can spend.
- Practice in demo version. Almost every game today has a demo version. Practice it for free if you don’t know how to play the game – this will familiarize you with the gameplay without spending your budget.
Popular Variants of Blackjack Real Money Explained
Now let’s go through the most popular variants of this game.
European Blackjack uses 2 decks of cards and has no hole card. In this variant, you can only double down if you have a hand of 9, 10, and 11, compared to some other versions that are less restricted, such as the American blackjack.
This version originates from Atlantic City casinos and has slightly different rules. The dealer can stand on 17 and look to see if they have a blackjack. Players in this game can split their cards up to three times.
In Blackjack surrender, you have the option to surrender after the dealer gives you the first 2 cards. When this happens, you’ll recover half of your stake. The other rules are the same as in the original version.
In this variant, you can play 2 hands at the same time. When the first 4 cards are dealt, you can switch the top card from each of your hands to boost your odds of winning. There’s also a unique side bet called Super Match where you’ll be paid out if the first 4 cards you were dealt were a pair, three of a kind, or two pairs.
Some Variants of Real Money Blackjack and Their House Edge
|Variation name||House edge|
|Single deck classic||0.26%|
Bonuses You Can Use on Online Blackjack for Real Money
Casinos will offer you different kinds of bonuses. The ones you can use on blackjack can include:
- Match promotions – usually given to new players
- Reload bonuses if you’ve met the weekly or monthly terms
- Cashback bonuses – a portion of your losses back
- No deposit bonuses in the form of credits
Yes. You can find Blackjack in almost every online casino in Canada today. The top-rated websites will offer you many variants of this game.
This depends on which variant you’ll be playing, who the software developer is, and where you gamble. Blackjack has some of the lowest house edge percentages compared to other games, sometimes going down to 0.31%.
Yes. There’s no Canadian law preventing you from gambling online or playing Blackjack. You can do this legally, but make sure to gamble on licensed and safe casino sites.
Yes. Top developers like Microgaming and Evolution Gaming have their games optimized for mobile play, including the Blackjack variants as well as the live games.
Blackjack is a rather simple game. Players try to get cards to make a total that is as close as possible to 21, without the total going over this number. They must have a higher hand than the dealer to win in the game.
Most blackjack variants have a house edge between 0.42% and 1.5%. However, Microgaming and NordicBet have the highest variant with as little as 0.31% house edge.